1. Mason's team won their final game this morning but it was bitter cold. Having a soccer game on a Saturday, at 8am, when it's 40 degrees and windy should be against the law. You could barely tell which teams the kids were on because their uniforms were buried under layers of coats and gloves and scarves.
After the game we all huddled together for a short and sweet end of the year soccer party. Mason earned the Take 5 award because whenever coach asked for someone to sit out during a game, Mason always volunteered. That's my boy!!
2. As usual, Taylor performed beautifully at her piano recital. So proud of her and all her hard work and countless hours of practice. Not gonna lie though - it will be nice to not hear O Little Town of Bethlehem anymore! I tried posting a video from my iPhone but couldn't get it to work. Anyone know how I go about doing that?
3. You can all rest easy tonight because on an impromptu stop at Costco after the recital, we came across the pine wreaths and I picked up 2 of them for my front doors. Another thing crossed of my holiday to do list. From time to time, I open my front doors and take a whiff of that divine smell.
4. Zach's basketball team won their first game this afternoon by quite a large margin. I think the final score was something like 43-15. I'm so glad Zach is on such a good team. This is his third year in the league and it's been hit and miss with teams in the past. Looks like we're gonna have a great season!
5. Andrew and I were able to sneak away for a little bit tonight and have dinner. After I noticed my husband eyeing the steaks at Costco today, I knew he was craving yummy steak and potatoes, so we headed to Bob Taylor's. Any of you locals ever been there? It was delicious as usual.
6. Letting the kids sleep under the Christmas tree tonight. Well, I should say not under the tree - next to the tree. Well, I should say not every kid - only 2 are there now. Every year they sleep one night by the Christmas tree. I would join them, but it would be a miserable night of sleep and I like my flannel sheets too much. I just hope I can get them up for church tomorrow....

2 comments:
So sorry about the soccer game being so cold! He is such a cutie! Take 5 award. That's funny.
I am very glad you found your wreaths. **sigh of relief!**
I agree it should be illegal to play soccer in that kind of cold! It was miserable for us and we had games at 9 and 11 so I can't imagine how 8am was. Glad we don't have to do that again!
Post a Comment