There is a strange phenomenon that has been happening to Zachary over the course of this school year. I have spent quite a bit of money to get rid of it. I actually thought that maybe, just maybe, I had seen the last of it a few weeks ago -- but sure enough it reared it's ugly head again yesterday. I picked the kids up from school, took one look at Zach and knew my arch enemy had returned. Of what do I speak of, this bain of my existence???
Holes in the knees of Zachary's jeans
After seeing this latest casualty, I have officially given up. There was no hole in his pants that morning, but sure enough there was one in the afternoon. That was the eighth pair of pants that have been ruined since the beginning of the school year. Some people may not think it's a big deal, but for me, going through 8 pairs of jeans in almost 9 months is ridiculous! I don't even own 8 pairs of jeans!!
I don't get it though. I know boys are rougher and tougher, but how does one child manage to get holes in all of his pants? What is going on? He is crawling around all day on his knees at school? I've even asked Zachary what the deal is. Yesterday he said he was playing in the grass during recess and fell. The strange thing is that most of the holes have only been on the left leg of his pants. Hmmm.......
What am I to do with eight pairs of holey jeans? If Zackie plays outside or goes fishing with Andrew, then I have him wear a pair of holey jeans. But I can't save them as hand me downs for Mason or really donate them to D.I. If this happens to Taylor, no big deal. I just cut the legs of the jeans and Voila, she's got a cute pair of cut-offs. However, I'm thinking that may not work for Zach. I don't think cut-offs are really an acceptable look for 8 year old boys these days unless you live in the backwoods of Oklahoma, have huntin' dogs and run around in your bare feet. It would be nice though because then I would have eight pairs of 'shorts' he could wear all summer. I'm just glad it's warm enough so he can wear shorts more often to school. Maybe now if he falls he will get skinned up knees instead of holes in his pants.
There is one good pair of jeans left - a pair I bought him during spring break. I'm hoping they will last and remain hole free because I refuse to buy anymore jeans until we go school shopping in the fall!!
12 comments:
It's all the wedding proposals he is extending. Those girls follow him around waiting for him to pop the question!
I laughed the whole time I read your post because we have the same issue at our house. I too bought Connor a new pair over spring break and I noticed just yesterday that the knees are looking faded and tired. I'm not expecting them to last much longer than two weeks before a hole appears. I feel the same way about skinned knees.
I feel your pain! I'm just glad the good weather arrived in time to spare me from having to buy Jace some new pants. Plus I scored at the Old Navy $7 jean sale, so I didn't mind so much when they became holey. Anyone feel like watching "Where tht Red Fern Grows?"
I heard that if you buy pants from Sears and they wear out before the child out grows them they wil replace them for free. You might want to check it out.
E has gotten holes in 2 pairs of jeans this year. (Both Gymboree that were part of a whole outfit)I have been frustrated, but now I am wondering if it's an age thing. Zack's 8 right?
The pant thing at Sears is true except they have to be ToughSkins brand.
Disneyland looked like so much fun. Wish there was a way we could go right now.
Happy Birthday to you!
Okay, there is something wierd going on. We've had the same problem this school year. We're going on six pairs of ripped jeans( all the right knee), and I'm talking about a first grade girl! Maybe their teachers have them begging on their knees for forgiveness for talking too much in class!
I feel your pain. Jackson has one pair of jeans left and Jordan flat out refuses to wear jeans so he had sweats.
I guess I am just a mean mom. I send Max to school, holey jeans and all.
It's got to be the age. Carson has holes in his jeans all the time. I dont like them wearing holey jeans to school so I keep buying them. I think Carson started then year with 5 pair, they all have been replaced and he only has 2 left with no holes.
I can totally relate. Trevor has gone through so many pairs of jeans this year. Thank goodness for shorts season!
Looks like you guys had a great time at D-Land! I love that place!
Take the pants to grandma and she will iron on a patch. Then Zach can look like all the rest of the Dixon boys as they grew up. Maybe she will make him a shirt with the buttons on the wrong side too
Uncle Mark
I think you have the makings for a great jean blanket. I have been saving all of my old jeans for years to make one, but Zack might have enough jeans to make one by the end of the year.
-Christina
Post a Comment