Last Saturday was Zachary's baptism day. Everything went wonderfully. I must say that having a boy baptized is much easier than a girl--no blow drying hair or fussing with fluffy, white dresses. Zach and Andrew went into the dressing room, changed back into their suits and were out in few minutes. We were so happy that so many family and loved ones could share the day with us. My parents came down from Utah to spend the weekend with us. Zach's 2nd grade teacher even came, how cool is that? (He was more excited that she was there more than anyone else!!) After the baptism we enjoyed a nice family brunch at Mimi's Cafe - yummo!!
We were so happy Great Grandma Helen could make it to Zachary's special day. She turned 99 years old in January!!


I completely forgot to take family pictures at Taylor's baptism, so I'm glad I remembered to do it this time, even with the squinty faces! Getting a shot of the kids however was a different story. They were less than willing participants and eager to get in the car and leave. I finally gave up after a few takes.
It was a great day and we are so proud of Zachary and his decision to follow Jesus and be baptized. He has such a sweet spirit about him. We gave him a set of scriptures and a journal as a baptism gift. We asked him to write his feelings down in his journal and he said that he felt the spirit when he came out of the water. Later that night before bed, I asked Zachary what his favorite part was and he smiled and said, "Getting dunked!" We love our Zackie Zoo!!
10 comments:
Congratulations Zach!! That is so special! Looks like a wonderful day! Congrats!
It was a fantastic day. Zach did great. I love his suit.
All my kids pictures look something like that. Getting all four kids to cooperate is pure insanity. Congrats Zach!
I remember now Heidi! Sorry! Dena tagged me in Facebook... :)
What a cutie, I love his handsome suit.
I can't believe he is that old. I remember his baby blessing....that was probably the very last time I saw him.
Congrats Zach! Heidi you have a heartbreaker on your hands :).
Congratulations! I'm excited for this year, Kenna will be baptized and a nephew and a niece. It's so fun and such a special time for families. Is Great Grandma Andrew's Mom's mom? She looks like Sister Dixon.
Yes Steph, Grandma Helen is Nancy's mom - they do look alot alike!
Zach is growing up so fast. He looks so handsome in his suit. What a wonderful day for your family. We miss you guys!
Congrats to Zach! We have another one coming up this summer. Katie. I can't believe she'll be that old already. Great pictures.
Zach is sure a handsome guy! All my baptisms are going to be much more of a hassle with all the girls:) But can you believe how time flies? We are not old enough!
Post a Comment