VEGAS SNOWSTORM
First off----the crazy snow we had back on December 17th. While it took us all by surprise, the kids loved playing in it and getting a day off from school. (I happened to be driving later that night when it really started to stick and let me tell you - one of the prettiest sights I have seen in a long time was a snow covered palm tree with Christmas lights!!) It also gave us a little taste of what we would be experiencing later that weekend when we went to Utah.

TRIP TO UTAH
Next up was a whirlwind weekend trip to Utah for our nephew Matthew's wedding. They were married in the Mt. Timpanogos temple and it was packed that day and bitterly cold. I don't know how those brides could stand it in their short sleeve dresses! After the sealing and luncheon we headed further north to my parents house to enjoy one and a half days with them before heading back to Vegas. The kids opened presents and we had a nice early Christmas with my family. A bad snowstorm hit the next morning which delayed our trip home a day, but we made the most of it - Andrew and I did some shopping and had lunch together while the kids played all day with their cousins. Zach was happy as a clam and spent the extra day building another snowman and shoveling Grandpa's driveway. It was short, sweet and super snowy, but I'm so glad we made the trip to Utah.
CHRISTMAS EVE
We finally made it home and spent Christmas Eve with some of Andrew's family. We had all the normal festivities - yummy soup and shrimp cocktail, reading of Luke 2 with Nativity portrayals by the kids, and of course a special visitor stopped by. It was a great night and so nice to be with family.
CHRISTMAS DAY
Our Christmas Day was spent quietly together at home, just the way we like it. We had a fun morning opening gifts and seeing what Santa left us. We stayed in our jammies all day and just relaxed as a family. Mason was a little baffled though - he thought we already had Christmas in Utah and that Santa doesn't bring presents, all he has is candy canes. Once Mason realized that any present wrapped in Thomas the Train paper belonged to him, he wouldn't rest until all of them were opened.
The Christmas season was a good one for us and we were sad to see it all come to an end. All the decor has long been put away, but I still can't bring myself to take down my favorite part of Christmas - all the cards and pictures from family and friends. I love to walk by and look at them. I guess I will need to eventually though.
If you've made it to the end of this post - hope you enjoyed it. Bring on 2009!!!
11 comments:
Hey! I recognize Adam and Sara's family picture up there. Because it is still up on my wall, too! I also love to look at all the pictures of friends up on the wall -- one of my favorite parts of Christmas!
Happy 2009! And Merry Christmas! I loved all of your pictures! They are so fun!!
Tanner's checks have grown. He is so dang cute.
I loved all your pics. Glad your christmas was great. I did locate britany's, abbey's and my cards on the door. You will have to see harmony's on her blog, she didn't get too many sent out, but hers was the cutest by far.
You look like you had a great Christmas and took some great pictures. The kids did a good job of making a las vegas snowman.
Heidi I need to send you a few pics that I took of you and your family Christmas eve. What's your email?
Aren't ipods the best? Don't feel bad about the late post of snow and Christmas, I still haven't made it there yet. I love the Christmas Cards too, they were also the last thing to come down in our house and I know it's silly but I always get a little upset when people don't send a picture. I love to see how everyone's families change every year.
It looks like you guys had a great Holiday. I love the picture of Tanner crying on Santa's lap. Too cute!
You are making me feel a lot better. I just barely got around to posting Christmas pics today. So I am glad to see I was only a week after you. I haven't read a blog in weeks and it is crazy how much time it actually takes to "catch up" after the holidays. Love the picture of your house with the snow falling in front of it. You may not get one of those every year!
Hey, I've only missed maybe a handful of Dixon Christmas Eve's and each time I am not there Santa shows up. Guess that means I would have gotten coal. Figures.
Whirlwind of fun...snow, vacation and Christmas! I just took down my cards on Monday...gotta love them!
Post a Comment