Sunday, March 30

San Diego Part 2





On our second day in San Diego we wanted to take the kids to the beach. We had no beach gear with us, so we stopped at a CVS Pharmacy, bought a bucket of sand toys and headed out. Our hotel was in La Jolla just down the street from the temple. We decided on Coronado Beach, which is a short 15-20 minute drive. For those of you that have been there, you know what I mean when I say how gorgeous that place is. Not just the Hotel Del Coronado (which is amazing) but that entire island. You drive down the streets and there are quaint little shops and restaurants, some very beautiful homes and everywhere you look someone is riding a bike. It's such a happy place. I would move there tomorrow if I could afford it. In fact, we saw this gorgeous home for sale - for kicks I called the real estate agent just to see how much living in paradise costs. It was a 3 bedroom, 1600 sqft house for only.....$1.2 million! Anyone want to pitch in together and we can share a small slice of paradise?

We parked at the Hotel Del Coronado and walked over to the beach. Taylor and Zach kicked off their shoes and ran towards the water. Mason didn't like the water as much, but he loved all the sand. Tanner enjoyed most of his beach experience from the comfort of his stroller. I mentioned before that this was our kids' first time at a beach -- I've never seen my kids enjoy something more. They were in heaven and loved every second of it. I was about 15 years old before I got a chance to see the ocean, so I'm glad my children could experience it much earlier in life. I now understand why people go on beach vacations -- we will definitely be planning another beach trip!





The one big downer to our day at the beach - I temporarily lost my wallet. When we first got there I took a potty break and accidentally left my wallet in one of the bathroom stalls. It wasn't until two hours later when Andrew asked me if I had any cash that I realized what I had done. I ran back to that bathroom and of course it was gone. Some hotel workers told me to try the hotel lost and found (yeah right I thought!) I walked up the beach to the hotel front desk and used the house phone to call the lost and found. I was shocked when the woman told me that someone had turned in my wallet. She brought it out to me and everything was still there except the $55 cash that I had. While I was grateful to have my wallet back and not have to replace all my cards, I was a little miffed that these people took a little "finders fee." I hope those guys had a nice lunch that day on my dime :)

14 comments:

Jennie Z said...

That stinks that they took all of your cash! At least your other stuff was still there. Be cautious of identity theft. You can put a watch/alert on your SS#. Alan's wallet was stolen in Miami last spring and we still have a warning on all of our accounts. I love the beach too! I am going again with some girlfriends and their kids tomorrow.

Ashley and Matt Marx said...

Sounds like fun. Glad you got your wallet back almost all of it that is.

Linz said...

I love the beach!!!! *sigh* I'm the only beach lover in this household. I would so pitch in on that house if I could afford even half of that price! =D Sorry that they took your cash! That stinks! I am glad, though, that you got the rest back!

Jill Johnson said...

Your blog looks cute!! I love the beach. You guys need to come with us on our cruise next March. there will be a lot of beach.

John and Heather Davis said...

Ahh the beach!! Looking at all of your pics I can almost imagine myself there!

Heidi said...

On YOUR cruise? Are you guys now in the cruise business? MONEY BAGS!--Andrew

Castiel Moyes said...

That looks like heaven! That hotel looked amazing. I will pitch in for the little piece of paradise. I have.....I think ten bucks in my wallet. What will that get me?

Darrell and Alissa said...

Darrell's Grandparents live in San Diego- thanks for reminding us how much we miss going there! I'm with Jessica- does $10 work?!

camille kempton said...

Looks like you had lots of fun. Rich has a sister and brother in San Diego and so when we visit we always go to Coronado Beach. We love it! Cute pics. Andrew needs some more time in the sun. HaHa.

Kaufman Family said...

Why would somebody turn in your wallet, but take your money. They wanted to be mostly honest. Or maybe the person who stole your money was different from the person who turned it in. I am glad you had fun.

Heidi said...

I have a better idea girls- instead of paying 1.2 million for the house, we could save a few million and stay at the Hotel Del Coronado - they have new 3 bedroom beach cottages for the low price of 2750 a night!! Yikes - that's double my monthly mortgage payment!! Paradise is expensive.

steph j. said...

I love that beach too...and I'm so glad that your kids had a good time, that is one of my kids favorite place on Earth. We are getting a beach house this August and I cannot wait. We are planning on spending all our time on the beach beacause my kids never want to leave so we are going to just soak it up. Johnny also LOVES it.

Darcie said...

Your trip sounds so fun, I love Sea World. Are you coming in for comference?

Brad and Leslie said...

Ok! I found your blog, so now you have to add me to your links list! I have no idea how to do that. Someone please help me - I'm so new to this blogging thing!