He hung all his ornaments together in one little area....he was so proud of himself. He only broke two in the process. I believe he broke another two the next morning, so......I will have to scale way back on my Christmas decorations this year because Mason is into everything and I don't need that headache right now. Everytime he walks by the tree he points to it and says, "pretty!"
Some other things I've been thinking about:
1. Can anyone explain to me why a song from The Sound of Music is considered a christmas song? I know there's a mention in there of sleigh bells and brown paper packages, but is Julie Andrews really singing about Christmas? Don't get me wrong though, I love the song.
2. What in the world do I get my husband for Christmas? He's so hard to shop for and I want his christmas presents to be more exciting than white dress shirts he needs for work. Any ideas out there? What are some of you giving your spouses?
3. We're thinking of getting one or two board games for the kids. Any suggestions on real fun ones your kids like?
10 comments:
The BEST gift I ever gave my husband was the Richard Petty Driving Experience....he loved every minute of it!!! What man does not want to get behind the wheel of a race car and put the petal to the metal!!!!!
1: I have thought THE SAME THING about the "favorite things song"! Why is it played at Christmas? It is NOT a Christmas song. The other song that really gets to me that our Christmas radio station plays all the time is some song that goes "last Christmas I gave you my heart and the very next day, you gave it away. This year to save me from tears, I'll give it to someone special". Ok I know that Christmas is in the song but it is NOT a Christmas song. I have no idea what eighties band sang the song but I repeat it is NOT a Christmas song!
2: I wish that I could help you with Andrew Christmas present. I don't think Dustin and I have ever gotten anything for Christmas for each other since the first year of our marriage. We jsut never seem to have the money. It makes it easy though because I don't ever have to worry about a cool gift for him.
3:My kids LOVE the game of Life if you don't already have it. I bought them Sorry and Yahtzee and Checkers this year. We used to have Elefun. It is more for the younger crowd but my kids loved it. There are just so many games out there now!
matching outfits for my boys? Children's place is awesome. What's great is that they even have outfits for girls that coordinate with the boys. www.childrensplace.com using have more selection than the stores do. Love all your holiday posts!
It always drove my Mom crazy when they play that song for Christmas, so now, of corse, it bothers me as well.
Steve's best Christmas presents have been when I let him get for himself what he really wants. (Usually something with golf)
The best version of the song is Will Ferrell as Robert Goulet on Conan. --MOYES--THE BAND IS WHAM! --andrew
I went to best buy at 5 am the day after Thanksgiving and bought Ken a GPS system for his car, which he has already taken across the country and used and he loves it. Most everyone else already has one in their car. I would suggest to let him choose his own. That way he will love it. Also, get tickets to something you can go to together and make sure the babysitter is already lined up. Maybe a bowl game or something.
If you think of something for Andrew let me know. I am at a loss for Aaron too. The funnest game we just got is Whonu. it is a Cranium game and it is fun for just kids or Adults and kids. I think any of those Cranium games are fun.
i got johnny the planet earth dvd set. oprah had it on her favorite things list. johnny has already seen the ocean part, he had recorded on our dvd and watched it like three times and when i erased it he was like, "what the heck?".
andrew should be easy to shop for. all he wants is fishing stuff. just get him a gift card to sports authority so he can buy a new pole, or some lures or something.
You could just send him out to buy his own gift. That's what Jon usually ends up doing himself anyway! But I do have a question for you about Jon...I'll have to call ya though.
Post a Comment