I thought I'd give everybody a quick update before I go back to the hospital. Heidi went into the hospital yesterday morning about 9:30 a.m. She was having very sharp pains in her side that didn't feel right. They admitted her and she delivered almost exactly 12 hours later (an atypical length of time for Heidi). Our new baby boy [whose name is yet undetermined] was almost immediately taken to the NICU for observation as he was not breathing very well. They brought him back about 2 hours later and he was doing great. Then, about 5 am his temperature started to drop a little and they took him back to the NICU. He's with Heidi now and is doing fine as far as we know.
Statistics:
7lbs. 13oz.
21"
I will post pictures later (and a name, assuming we ever decide on one). Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers.
Oh, and they think Heidi's placenta ruptured a little, which was what was causing the extreme pain and discomfort (other than the contractions).
Andrew
7 comments:
Hurray!!!! My mom emailed me with the good news, so I thought I'd check the blog to get more details. (you guys are such good bloggers.) congratulations! We can't wait to see pictures. You're done being pregnent Heidi, good for you! -sorry about the long labor, we hope you are feeling better now.
congrats!!! I am so excited to see baby Whittingham (oh was I supposed to keep that a secret?) Let me know if I can help with anything!!!!!
Wow! It sounds like it has been an interesting delivery this time! I am glad to hear that Heidi and baby boy are doing well though. Congratulations and we are eagerly waiting to here what the newest Dixon will be called.
Welcome Baby__________!!!! I am sorry for the scary delivery! I hope everyone gets doing well soon!! Love to you all!
Congrat's guys! Can't wait to see pictures!
Congratulations Dixons! Heidi you have always been one one of those lucky ones who gets pregnancy over with a little sooner than expected. Hope you all are healthy and doing well! Can't wait to see pictures.
time for an update
Post a Comment