Monday, October 1

"Now I Feel Eight!"

We had a wonderful weekend with Taylor's birthday and baptism. On Friday she got a lot of well wishes from her friends at school and took Skittles to share with her class. I spent the day frantically cleaning and wrapping presents. A special thanks to my dear mother-in-law who came over for a few hours to help me. It's getting really difficult (not to mention very uncomfortable) to bend over to change bed sheets and clean toilets!!
My parents arrived Friday night from Utah and we had yummy Famous Dave's BBQ (Taylor's choice--she loves ribs.) Later on, we went out for ice cream with both sets of grandparents (again, Taylor's choice over having a birthday cake!)

The baptism Saturday morning went wonderful, however I felt like it went by too fast and I didn't take enough pictures--oh well. I just wanted to make sure everything went smoothly for Taylor so she could have a positive experience. She was so excited to get baptized. Luckily we were the first ward to go back to the font. All morning I asked Taylor, "Do you feel eight years old yet?" and she would tell me no. After she walked out of the font and we went into the dressing room, she looked up at me and said,
"Now I feel eight!!"





Taylor loved having some of her cousins there along with most of her Aunts & Uncles. Thanks to all of you who came to support her, especially 97 year old Great Grandma Helen!!






After the baptism, we had an easygoing afternoon with my parents and my brother Troy and his family who live in Henderson. It was really nice to sit and visit with all of them. Of course we had to make a run for In n Out Burgers for lunch. We have them everytime my parents are in town---hmmm, I think my dad secretly loves them!!!



My parents left this morning and it was hard to see them go--we don't know when we'll be able to see them again. Their temple schedule keeps them really busy and we don't plan on any trips up to Utah for a long time. But it's weird to think that next time we see them, there will be a new little guy for them to meet!!

Speaking of which.....at my doctor appt today my doctor said something that was music to my ears:

'We will see you in 2 weeks, when we will check your cervix and make a plan."

Sounds good to me :)

6 comments:

Jill Johnson said...

Ohhhh. I just want to cry. Kids getting Baptized is so neat. My favorite part of being Primary Pres was going to the baptisms. I loved it. Saying goodbye to family is the hardest!!!

Castiel Moyes said...

That must be really wierd to have your first baptized child! I can't believe it. I can't believe that in six months I will be doing the same. That is just too wierd, sometimes I want them to stop growing. Other times I start making a paper chain to count down the day till they leave for college. I loved Taylor's dress, it was SO pretty.

Harmony said...

Congratulations to Taylor. I can't believe how grown up she is. She is so beautiful too, she always looks so elegant and mature. I'm glad that everything went well for her big day. Sounds like mom was probably exhausted at the end of the day. Good news from the doctor...we'll be standing by...

Lana said...

Congratulations Taylor! :)

Castiel Moyes said...

Andrew, Dustin MADE me take the picture off. I thought he was joking but then he called me again the next day mad that I hadn't taken the picture off yet. So I complied for the sake of my marriage. BUT if you REALLY REALLY want to see the picture I suggest you take it up with Dustin. OR you might want to check back in a couple of days once I can think up another good excuse to post it. I think I might have to post one of myself as well to be fair though.

Kaufman Family said...

Congratulations Taylor. That would have been neat to be there. You look really cute in your baptism dress. I am glad you finally feel eight.