Saturday, June 4

For Goodness Sakes!


Sometimes I think that keeping up with this blog is just another chore or something on my list to do, but then I catch my husband or kids looking thru the books I have made from the first 3 years of this blog, and I realize that's the EXACT reason I do this.  This blog is a record of our family - OUR FAMILY HISTORY.  I mean, can you imagine how cool it would be if your grandma had a blog book you could flip through??  So I will carry on, no matter how many weeks or months go by in between entries.
***There is one downside about the blog books however.  My daughter was reading an old entry I wrote about Christmas and realized by what I had said in that post that there is no Santa Claus.  But she is almost 12 years old, so I'm happy I kept the magic alive for her that long!

Here's a glimpse into what's been going on: 

To put it simply, April just wasn't our month.  If any of you followed my Facebook posts from back then you'll remember how sick our family was.  I've had all 4 kids sick at the same time, but never all 6 of us.  Andrew started off sick first, followed by Taylor, Tanner and Mason.  This was during the first week of the month.  I was taking care of everyone the best I could, except myself as it turned out.  By the end of that first week Zachary and I became ill as well.  At that point I had filled 14 prescriptions and 5 of us were on antibiotics.  I'm pretty sure the pharmacist at the drive thru thought I had some kind of drug problem........Andrew and I had bad sinus infections and allergies, Tanner and Taylor had awful allergies and ear infections, and Zach had an infection.  I even spent my birthday sick with a sick child at home, but happy that by the end of week two we were all on the mend and healthy for our Spring Break trip up to my parents in Utah.
However, the sickness stowed away in our suitcase.  By the middle of the week up there, Mason relapsed with a high fever and painful sore throat, (he was the only one not on an antibiotic previously) so I had to take him into the doctor.  Although the culture was negative, I was positive that it was strep throat and they treated it as such.  Within 24 hours on an antibiotic he was a new kid.  Even though my allergies relapsed upon our return to Vegas, I was happy that the super germ bug that had overtaken our family for so long was finally gone.

And if the illnesses weren't enough, in April we also had to pay a disgusting amount of money to the IRS, 2 associates at Andrew's firm left to start their own practice, and my daughter's cell phone was stolen at school.  Needless to say I was very happy when April was over with!!

The month of May however is just one big blur.  It's like December in a way, how everyone is trying to cram everything in before school is out.  We had father and sons campout (having 3 boys, it's my favorite weekend of the year!!), Mother's Day, Andrew and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary, we celebrated one year of being in our new house, (although it still looks like we just moved in) and we've had award ceremonies, field day, school projects, orchestra concert, last day of Preschool and a rush to turn in any unfinished school assignments. Although I dread the summertime for many reasons, I am really looking forward to life slowing down a bit and not having the need to jump in the car and pick up or drop off a child 10 times a day!!


Now comes the fun part - a photo update!

SAN DIEGO TRIP ON CONFERENCE WEEKEND
Legoland, Coronado Beach, Midway museum




One of my absolute favorites - and proof that my 3 boys have the same cowlick :) 


SPRING BREAK
A belated birthday party, a frigid Easter egg hunt with cousins, and Dad's farm - my home away from home

blowing out the candles on my very favorite Coco Lopez cake



Tanner's expression is priceless





MAY ACTIVITIES
Last day of Preschool, 6th grade award ceremony, and NJHS induction







So that's pretty much it - two months in a nutshell.  Now you don't have to worry about us anymore.  We are healthy, happy, and looking forward to a fun, lazy summer!!

 

1 comment:

Shalae said...

Man, I would have been so happy April was over too! That's just crazy the amount of Rx you had to fill!