Alright - Ten bucks if you've ever been to the quaint little town of South Weber!
The kids and I are on our second week of our Utah trip. Originally we only planned to spend the July 4th weekend up here, but with nothing going on at home and 4 very bored kids we decided to drive up Father's Day weekend and stay for 2 weeks. Why not??
We've had alot of fun here at "Grandpa Utah's" house (that is what Mason affectionately calls my Dad.) We have loved every second of being here. We've played and played outside, made ourselves sick on fresh peas from the garden, gone shopping, fun tractor rides, visited all our favorite stores and restaurants that we miss, had lunches on the patio, and stayed up way too late every night. My kids' sleeping schedules will need some serious readjusting when we get home! I've taken some great pictures that I will have to share later, especially since my dad's computer is a little older and my camera's CF card won't fit in the media card slot!
The weather has been perfect and it will be very hard to drive home in a few days to that awful desert heat. We have missed Andrew terribly, who had to fly back home for work. We're happy he's flying back up tomorrow night to spend the weekend with us and drive us back home. Mason keeps asking when Daddy is coming home and I keep telling him that Daddy is at home and we are the ones that are gone!
Hope everyone's summer vacation is going well and I will post pictures soon!!
6 comments:
Sounds fantastic!
How awesome. We are so jealous. Especially when we drive to the dentist and the car thermo. says 112.
That sounds so fun. I think staying up late is a Welling thing, because my family really gets into it. They work best at late hours.
Talking about those peas makes my mouth water. I love those yummy garden vegetables, and the tomatoes will be here soon. Yum!
The weather has been so nice up here a little rain never hurt anyone, right?
Nice! Never been there. I only have to go as far as Hurricane! :)
........zzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........
My Aunt Lois lived in South Weber and when I was about Taylor's age I used to visit her in the summer. Behind her house was an irrigation canal and wild asparagus would grow along the banks. Fresh corn on the cob, tomatoes from the garden, strawberries, all fresh and delicious...yum does it get any better?!
Post a Comment