Thursday, January 10

Ladies Man



So last night I had a parent - teacher conference with Zachary's teacher Mrs. Lopez. I showed up expecting the usual stuff - he's a great student and doing well, etc. She said his reading has really improved (it really has over the past 2 months.) Of course we talked about what he needs to work on most, which is his handwriting and his complete lack of punctuation.

However, the other thing Zach's teacher brought up was something I wasn't expecting -- the fact that the girls in the class are all "in love" with Zachary..........WHAT?!? Is this a problem? Now I know there are one or two girls that really like him because he tells me that they fight over playing with him at recess. Plus, Zachary was the only classmate these 2 girls gave a Christmas present to. But what Mrs. Lopez said shocked me. She mentioned that recently a number of girls have been fighting for his attention and trying to hold hands, give hugs, sit close to him, rub his back, etc. Really? I was kinda laughing because in my mind I was trying to imagine all these little 6-7 year old girls fighting over my son!! Mrs. Lopez said she finally had to have a talk with the kids that they are way too young for this behavior and shouldn't have boyfriends/girlfriends in 1st grade.!!! Now don't get me wrong - Zach is so stinkin' cute and has a very magnetic personality, so I can see why so many girls would want to be around him (I'm not prejudice at all!!) But yikes, it got so bad that the teacher had to have a talk with the class? If these girls are acting this way at age seven, I'm scared to see them at seventeen!!! I hope this isn't a sign of things to come..I have 2 other boys!!!



NOTE: It shouldn't surprise me too much though - Zachary's dad was the same way. Andrew was quite the ladies man growing up and every girl wanted to be his girlfriend, all the way up until he left on his mission. Andrew had a very large following (C'mon, you remember those pictures I posted of him at BYU!!)

10 comments:

Linz said...

HAHAHAHA!!! That's awesome! If that teacher thinks it's not normal for 1st graders to act that way...well I remember liking boys that young. That's really funny!

Kindermusik with Celeste said...

So cute!!

Castiel Moyes said...

That is really funny! I bet Joselyn would have been one of those little girls in love with Zahery. She seems to have a different crush every week and Zachery is pretty cute!

Jill Johnson said...

Heck yeah! I even have a crush on him. I am still planning on 11:00 to do Tanners pics. See you then.

Darrell and Alissa said...

He is quite the ladies man- I believe that was starting when we lived there- I remember a few of the girl's in Primary wanting his attention! Really though- look at him- who waouldn't want that little stud!

Jennie Z said...

With a kid that good looking -you'll be in for it! Good Luck!

Lana said...

Aubree would be one of those girls. In preschool, she told us she was going to marry one of her classmates, and she even made him a ring out of paper and gave it to him! At his birthday party, she told him they had to hold hands going down the big blow-up slide! Yeah, I was like WHAT?!?

steph j. said...

That is sooo funny and scary too! You might have to get physical with some of those girls in the upcoming years! You know how some girls can be. Now I feel retarted for ever mentioning that I had a crush on Andrew when I was like 12...I would have rathered died than fight over him though!

camille kempton said...

Heidi you probably didn't know this but I think all the girls in Ms. Schy's class last year felt the same way! I know Kennedi was in love with him for sure!

steve said...

let me know if he needs lessons on making out. o wait, you and andrew knew plenty about that breaking the honor code at byu. brad pitt look alike for sure. atta boy zacky